Looking to start a new role in January 2020?
Experience of working in the Education sector?
We are actively recruiting for a CIPD qualified interim HR Manager to join our client in January 2020 for a period of 9-12 months. Reporting to the Head of HR you will proactively advise on best practice HR and lead on dealing with casework for the business. You will support the people management functions that underpin the businesses culture.
- CIPD qualified
- Good people management skills, able to delegate and escalate as appropriate.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to approach confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to liaise confidently with senior management, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Good knowledge in HR policies and processes.
- Strong employment legislation knowledge.
- Experience of handing varied and complex ER casework.
- Understanding of HR and Payroll processes and basic employment legislation.
- Understand the principles of safeguarding in relation to child protection.
- Ability to work under pressure, identify priorities and meet tight deadlines.
About the role:
- Overseeing the complex ER issues such as disciplinary, grievance, sickness, bullying and harassment, performance, flexibility working requests and any other employment legislation.
- Conduct an on-going review of employee policies and procedures, including consultation in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law.
- Provide guidance on the performance management process and support managers in the effective performance management of their staff.
- Lead the functions to support various HR processes including maternity and paternity leave and other forms of special leave.
- Co-ordinate and participate in all levels of disciplinary, grievance, capability and appeal hearings.
- Advise on any departmental restructuring and make recommendations regarding individual and organisational situations.
- Managing the redundancy process from the initial consultation through to the final stages of the redundancy process.
- Preparation of Settlement Agreements as necessary and dealing with external consultants.
- Prepare management cases for tribunal hearings, appeals & complaints, provide coaching, and support to managers involved in the process.
- Working with the managers and senior teams on any TUPE cases.
- Manage the process of exit interviews and creating a system to analyse results.
Working hours 8.30am - 4.30pm or 8am - 4pm.
Please note this role does not offer flexible working or working from home options.
The role is based near Bond Street, but will require some travel across other London to their Schools and Colleges
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.